Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Photography

As an "in" thing or a trend nowadays in Beloved Brunei, photography gets me thinking. what is photography, who are photographers, why do people do photography...

Surprisingly, photography has grasp interests of youngsters. It got me thinking, y all of a sudden? trend? talents? interests? something to spend money on? fame? popularity? or just simply a thing to play with? why did i start photography?

i dont remember being interested in photography a while back but i was into art, i didnt realy know what photography is all about. but one thing i remember from the past, when i was a kid (primary 2 or 3) i always bring disposable film camera to school function, the teachers always ask me if i bring camera. now i realised i do have it in me but i just couldnt see it earlier. i dont really know what i like about camera, why i like to shoot, why i do shoot. i just nvr realised it until one day... Hafiz' father asked me that i should try photography since i do art. n then i started thinking n i tested myself. i went to the garden with my sister's nikon bridge n shoot from different angles. i was satisfied and i showed to my family, i got positive comments and so that kept me going, after that i just know that im just in it.

but one thing, if youre a new photographer and u have a DSLR, use it to the fullest, snapshots suits better with compact =)

im just jobless n im too lazy to edit shots so membual tah saja nah since my blog bnyk sudah pics n less bual lol

salam,
mumu

2 comments:

syafiq affendy said...

A similar thought that I ponder when I look at Bruneian kids carrying with them a dSLR, but not utilising the full potential of the camera i.e: using them to take snapshots only.

It actually irked me to see the growing dSLR craze that just hit Brunei, but I am glad to see that from that desire to own a dSLR, it has lit up another desire - to take good photos.

Most of them have actually found their way to a group of people with the same desires, the urge to learn more and to master the art of photography.

Through forums like http://forum.bruneiforever.com or CandidSyndrome's photoschool forum, they have actually improved and also shown the improvement by displaying their works.

Great minds think alike. I would just like to say to the 'kids' who still depend on their parents' money, to not waste the cash on something that's gona be shelved and left to collect dust.

snapshots = compact cameras.
art = compact cameras and/or dSLRs. lol.

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to release some tension XD

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.